Immigrants, Legal and Illegal

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Coondog

Ok! Lets............

Postby Coondog » 2014 Jul 29 11:20

..............speak to the difference between a foreign national working WITHIN THE LEGAL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM .......[and the} THE ILLEGAL ALIEN.

Let us attempt to clarify the difference between a college professor who crosses over from Canada with a mound of legitimizing entry documents and enough radical conservative ideology to run the Christian Coalition and some teenager who walked over a thousand miles with only the shoes (or lack thereof) on his feet.

The difference is that a Central American teenager ("gangbanger" or not) has potential for rehabilitation. A radical conservative radio host whose own biography makes Rush Limbaugh sound like a hippie, does not. One might consider deporting one green card carrying, rabble rousing fanatic from a Washington Republican think tank and letting in the 1,000 teenagers (and younger) who might actually be of some constructive benefit.

Coondog :pat:

Goombahs? Now, you're picking on the Italians?

Kevsky

Re: Immigrants, Legal and Illegal

Postby Kevsky » 2014 Jul 30 21:30

Why should we have immigration into this country at all? What is the benefit?

Is Immigration and the added population growth beneficial?
According to Negative Population Growth Inc., 80 percent of the growth in U.S. population comes from immigration, legal, illegal and among American-born children of immigrants.

“With increased population, we see a direct increase in the problems our nation faces on a daily basis: pollution, over-consumption, traffic gridlock, crowded schools and hospitals, overburdened social services, unemployment, crumbling infrastructure, urban sprawl, over-development, threatened or extinct animal and plant species, and dwindling natural resources,” said said Tracy Canada, the group’s deputy director.

“Our nation is already vastly overpopulated,” said Mann. “The evidence is all around us: Millions are out of work, schools and hospitals are overcrowded, our natural resources are dwindling, pollution is increasing, and our infrastructure and social services are crumbling under the strain. Yet U.S. population is still growing by an average of over 6,600 people per day, and nearly 2.5 million people per year. We simply cannot afford to continue our growth. It is unsustainable, and irresponsible policies are the driving force behind it.”

The current world population is estimated around 7.1 billion. How many would come here if they could? 2 billion? 3 billion? 4 billion? More? Should we let them all in? Just the ones who have the tenacity and the geographic proximity to come here illegally? Or maybe those whose quality of life is less than ours? Again how many would that be? 2 billion? 3 billion? 4 billion? If those who were really true to there cause of unrestricted immigration had their way and we were to take in as many immigrants as potentially would come here, would our own quality of life not diminish to the level of those who now wish to come here? Is that the ultimate goal of those pushing unrestricted immigration? Payback for those "undeserving" nations who have acheived a high quality of life at the expense of the less fortunate third worlders?

Without immigration our country's population would be stabilizing. Why is that bad? With a stable or even declining population we would not need the continued urban sprawl. We could have less of an impact on our environment. Less pollution, less strain on our water supply and water table, better air quality, less strain on our natural resources - ultimately a better quality of life. Why is the desire to have that scenario occur considered xenophobic or racist?

What is the necessity for the insistence of continual and increased immigration in the the U.S?

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Jul 31 11:13

Thank you, oh magnificent reptile, for providing one of the more striking refutations of the conservative views on abortion and contraceptives.

Seldom do we agree on anything.....but, overpopulation IS at the heart of many of the enduring problems, not only here in the US of A, but world wide.

Having said that.....one is not convinced that a zero immigration policy is the answer to the current state of affairs. On the plus side, it might serve to dispel the myth of free passes that only the uneducated Central Americans and republicans believe is true. On the negative side, without an influx of Asian math geniuses, our collective IQ may begin to drop faster than it does now.

Since nothing else is working, because nothing else is being allowed to be tried......perhaps, like the MacRib, we could try it for a limited period of time and see what happens.

:hail: Coondog

Securing the border: Surprised no one has yet suggested land mines. We could deport people by FEDEX!

Crux

Here ya go!

Postby Crux » 2014 Aug 04 21:11

Sometimes a 56 second video is worth 1,000 words. On the Texas border with the U.S. Border Patrol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765yFl3x8sc

Crux

Obama on The Borders

Postby Crux » 2014 Aug 05 21:26

obama on borders.jpg

Coondog

Lack of substance

Postby Coondog » 2014 Aug 06 12:26

Sometimes, one wonders if there is an asylum somewhere where people with nothing else to do come up with stupid stuff to put on the internet. Sometimes one wonders if this is it.

While "Duck Responsibility" still serves to provide amusement in times of random reflection, the last two offerings fall short of anything prophetic beyond self indulgence with regard to the trucker, and a failure to connect the Obama border graphic to anything of legitimate context other than the illustration of Obama's range of diverse emotional expression.

What a contrast to the republican standard bearer Dick Cheney, whose expression ranges exclusively from a frown to a sneer.

As we converse, documented non-citizen immigrants are fulfilling assimilation in communities across the nation, thanks to the House of Reprobates refusing to fund anything that looks like food, shelter or respite. Their worst self inflicted nightmare and a tribute to poetic justice.

Given the chance, children of Latin American descent may grow up to become something better than the hardened criminals they have been depicted as being, or, alternatively, not living to grow up at all.

Is this a grand mistake that spells the doom of the dominance of old, white men? Perhaps, but to err on the side of compassion will go a long way toward shifting life's final reward toward the pearly gates :angel5: instead of that other more warm, less hospitable domain. :twisted:

Coondog ;-)

Keeping in mind that, were the borders not secure, they could have walked, unopposed, all the way to Michigan.

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2014 Oct 17 11:40

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 21 14:27

According to Fox, the Emperor has granted amnesty to all illegal aliens, invited more to come for free and is coming for your guns. Republicans, who have shat their drawers over being upstaged (because they were just that close to passing immigration reform themselves) now threaten to impeach, obstruct, sue, shut down, block, defund and ignore pretty much everything. Nothing new there.

Doesn't the dictator in chief realize that it is unconstitutional to do your job and then some? Somehow, though, it IS constitutional NOT to do the job you swore to do.

C'mon, children. Admit it! You're actually glad for a pseudo-valid excuse not to do your job. But, consider this. There are millions of people who are happy today because of what the Tyrant has done by executive memo. When was the last time congress made anybody happy?

So, little ones, keep squalling about how Obama lost the election he wasn't running in, get to the bottom of Benghazi. the IRS, Fast & Furious, Monica Lewenski and Billy Carter's Beer, and make us real proud of you. We'll give you a Hello Kitty sticker for your lunch box. That's more than we're likely to get from you.

Coondog :pat:

That secret Mexican in the White House has been a disaster for the economy. Just look what he's done to the stock market.

Crux

Say SOMETHING...

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 21 16:15

You live in the bumper sticker world of cast aspersions and mistaken crass observations...

Crux

so effing hopeless it's depressing

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 21 18:16

Coondog wrote:
So, little ones, keep squalling about how Obama lost the election he wasn't running in, get to the bottom of Benghazi. the IRS, Fast & Furious, Monica Lewenski and Billy Carter's Beer...

And yadda yadda yadda. Look. I am not going to call you a dipshit because you are stupid. I am going to call you a dipshit because you are ignorant.
Benghazi, like Bergdahl, is news worthy in a big way. I think you know that, so is it you just play dipshit by choice?

The IRS? Serious independent rational folks know it is an outrage to use the IRS as a bureaucratic weapon to silence, hinder, and harass American citizens based on political ideology. Just today we read that 30,000 Lois Lerner emails have been recovered. That is an indication of the depths of this story.

You act the dipshit. Fast and furious? I get that you don't WANT to know or care to know the UGLY details. Monica and the war on women by Bill was not just about the cigar. I was paying attention to Billy, and Jimmy, and they both failed to impress my back in the day.

My behavior here has failed to impress me too. I am sorry for calling you a dipshit. :tiphat:

I am losing my capacity to care about you 'dog, but I will work to restore it.

crux -He was bad for calling coondog a dipshit. He should not have done it. :shakeh:

Mark it down. A new low. I sunk to the level of calling coondog a dipshit... :shakeh:

Coondog

Forget it!

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 21 18:37

Coondog remembers how cranky one an get when their diaper is full.

Coondog cares about Kent State, Watergate, Pearl Harbor, the War of 1812 (the War, not the Overture). But, that's all ancient history.....just like all the silly, distorted issues your playpen buddies are so fussy about. One expects no less. The record is cracked. The needle is dull and has lint on it. But, whadda ya gonna do when it's the only one ya got, eh? :baby:

Coondog :naughty:

Play that funky music, white boy!

Neck-aint-red

Re: so effing hopeless it's depressing

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2014 Nov 21 22:40

Crux wrote:Benghazi ... is news worthy in a big way.

Yeah. Sure. Two years and god knows how much money wasted.

Here's the result of the Republican witch hunt.

:shakeh:

It is very hard to find witches anymore. We do yearn for the good old days of the 17th century, don't we?

Coondog

To some, the earth will always be flat.

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 24 00:00

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

They then proceed to invite you to share it on face book.

Not sure where that leaves the Neck in the eyes of the law.

Coondog
One can guess where that leaves crux, who has for the first time ever been proven wrong. :bricks:

What do we do with Witches? :violent5:

Crux

Critical thinking anyone?

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 24 09:50

You two are referencing the House Intelligence Committee Report.

You must know, and perhaps you do not, that there is a Select Committee headed by Trey Gowdy that is still looking at the incident. Why is that important?

There were oversight investigations done by VARIOUS committees that had access to a limited scope of material and witnesses. That was one way the Government, and the Administration was able to avoid scrutiny. Some of it is purely structural, but what the Select Committee has, is a much more complete access to cross-departmental materials, principles, and witnesses. That Committee Report will be the one to take in and it has not been concluded.

Stop going all googly-eyed... :craz:

Besides which, the report you are referencing is quite damning to State, Rice and the Administration of State and certainly the White House.

Coondog

It's FLAT, damn it!

Postby Coondog » 2014 Nov 24 10:34

So.......the most heavily biased investigation in history comes up empty handed, but there's still certainty for those who are also convinced they can see China from their front porches.

:laughing: Coondog :laughing:

Crux

not impressive

Postby Crux » 2014 Nov 24 15:26

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/24/20- ... zi-report/

You could care. You could be more informed. I can't help you if you won't help yourself.

Crux

Smacked Down

Postby Crux » 2015 Feb 18 11:39

http://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-mcc ... 1424219904

Quick read written by a former 10th Circuit Appeals Judge. The short answer is Obama can chose who to arrest and deport, but he has NO LEGAL or statutory power to give them welfare, SS cards, or grant them a LEGAL status. Not beyond what the law is. Parents of children born here have a process by which they can become citizens. There is LAW. Obama can not make new law....

It will be for the 5th Circuit to rule on the CONSTITUTIONALITY. Or the SCOTUS.

Sweetness 'n Light

Postby Sweetness 'n Light » 2016 Dec 01 10:34

My husband and I were in Lexington yesterday and when we passed by county offices we say about 4 illegal aileens just leaning against the building all talking spanish or something like it was just normal.

Are you happy as me cause in a few more weeks Trump will deport and prison all of those people? I know I am. They make me sick and all the bad stuff that the government has been doing to me like take my drivers license away is going be fixed maybe, huh? At last, been a long time coming.

Love and kisses,

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2017 Mar 05 11:06

Crux

Reason Prevails

Postby Crux » 2017 Oct 11 07:57

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ravel-ban/

The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed a case against President Donald Trump’s controversial executive order restricting travel and immigration from several terror-prone states on Tuesday.

The president went even further, issuing an executive order that includes two non-Muslim countries — North Korea and Venezuela — among the seven that are subject to the new restrictions. That fact would make any claim of religious discrimination less likely to prevail.

Return to “MAIN FORUM”