Is America becoming a Third World Country?

Main discussion area is here. Reply to a message to continue a discussion thread, or create your own new Topics.
Wise One

Re: merchants of despair

Postby Wise One » 2013 May 28 14:29

crux wrote:Check it out. This is hard hitting stuff.

I did. It is a cartoon of Republican talking points, ad hominem slurs and slogans without substance. Jeez, if only you had a rational mind capable of critical thought.

:coffee:
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like Donald Trump."

Crux

If ONE picture is worth 1,000 words...

Postby Crux » 2013 May 29 16:05

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/labo ... 3XqpEl5o3O

...what about a few photos then...
I have been called, essentially, BIG BUX CRUX. This guy is more the type.

:sail:

Coondog

Re: Is America becoming a Third World Country?

Postby Coondog » 2013 May 29 19:12

Great!

You found a guy who gets about the same amount of work done in a day as the collective body of House Republicans.

Here's a picture of Boehner at work:

Like it?

Coondog :tiphat:

Want to carp about Union leadership? Join a Union! Otherwise...........

Crux

Big fat Union Boss, literally.

Postby Crux » 2013 May 29 20:08

Telling response above corndoggie. :shakeh:

Here's another indefensible. In the 1960's, there were more than 50 employed workers for every American on disability.

Today there is merely 13. :shakeh:

That Union Boss is Certainly DISABLED. In body body and soul. I eschew your LOVE of one size fits all big bloated Federal Government. It is ungainly, corrupt, dishonest, broken in both promise and unsustainable, like the Union Boss. 350 pounds of FAT, that threatens sanity itself. You don't care. I get that.

You are an out right bigoted partisan. I get that too. I spout truth and observe reality my friend.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of FAT GUYS, did you see Barry Sarturo vs Chris Christy?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 47056.html

Barry: 0 for 5 LOSER :shakeh:
Big Fat Chris: 1 for 1 and the Prize. LOSER too.
:shakeh:

crux :angel5:

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 May 30 13:55

Huh!

You should be a big fan of that Union guy. He's likely responsible for the diminishment of union members.

He probably ate 'em!

But, thanks for keeping up with all the pettiness the world has to offer. Since DC already has one left handed black quarterback, I fail to see the significance other than the fact that RG III only has to deal with 275 pound linebackers whereas Obama makes less money and has to deal with tons of BS from third string republican bench warmers.

Coondog :pompom:

Foozeball is the Devil!

Crux

Assange.

Postby Crux » 2013 Jun 08 20:42

Bush and Gonzales didn't go after the FREE press, FREE speech, FREE assembly and LEAKS like Obama and Holder.

Here is what ASSANGE says: "US rule of law suffering CALAMITOUS COLLAPSE".

http://www.france24.com/en/20130608-ass ... s-collapse

Many here are blinded by bigotry. Sad.

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Jun 09 15:57

I have to agree with you on your latter point.

As for Bush/Gonzales, they had their own horrific violations of law, indeed they started this whole parade.

Crux

Edward Snowden

Postby Crux » 2013 Jun 09 16:32

Actually to suggest Bush "started this whole parade" is childish. The tendency for CONTROL is always with us. Liberty is always at risk. You minimize and confuse facts and issues here AO. "Bush's fault!" is not a mantra of critical thinking... :shakeh:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... rveillance

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

The 29-year-old source behind the biggest intelligence leak in the NSA's history explains his motives, his uncertain future and why he never intended on hiding in the shadows

The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his identity at his request. From the moment he decided to disclose numerous top-secret documents to the public, he was determined not to opt for the protection of anonymity. "I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," he said.

Snowden will go down in history as one of America's most consequential whistle-blowers, alongside Daniel Ellsberg and Bradley Manning. He is responsible for handing over material from one of the world's most secretive organizations – the NSA.

In a note accompanying the first set of documents he provided, he wrote: "I understand that I will be made to suffer for my actions," but "I will be satisfied if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible executive powers that rule the world that I love are revealed even for an instant."

This is a 29 year old man who has worked for the NSA these last four years, revealing what has happened not under Bush, but under Obama's watch.

Obama is EXCUSING this stuff, minimizing it, falsely suggesting congressional oversight... This is going beyond Bush's wiretapping of phone calls to and from some Islamic watch-list my friend. Dude. You are biased.

Transparency and Liberty my arse... This is a Leftist President.

Crux

Snowden in his own words.

Postby Crux » 2013 Jun 10 08:28

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Jun 12 07:56

Yes, Snowden's a very impressive guy, admirably articulate, and right on most of his points. I'm cheering for him.

fangz1956

Postby fangz1956 » 2013 Jul 15 11:15

America: The Ugly Truth

This pretty well sums it up. it's going to a long, hard road to change it.

Ever looked at someone and thought "the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead"?

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Jul 21 09:20

Here's another way the ruling elite of America, the big banks and financial instituions, bend rules and regulations to serve narrow private purpose, sticking all the rest of us with increased cost.

Goldman Sachs is the master of selfish manipulation of government and its captive regulators. We must end this corruption.

Neck-aint-red

Postby Neck-aint-red » 2013 Aug 01 10:17

Crux

Is America REALLY becoming a Third World Country?

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 10 20:22

Do you believe it? The answer is a social engineering governmental forced integration scheme. What could go wrong?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... ghborhoods

Big Government. Making problems and fixing them. Worse. Third world policies in a first world Democracy you think?

THIS IS WHAT "DEMOCRACY" LOOKS LIKE! :pompom: CONTROL! :pompom: Three cheers for Godbama! :pompom:

Juggler

Postby Juggler » 2013 Aug 18 00:16

Wise One

Postby Wise One » 2013 Aug 22 09:57

Even though we see the manifestations of this sad phenomenon most vividly among Republicans, its a problem that, to some degree, pervades our society at large.

Crux

Global Warming in America?

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 22 20:07

Oh, it is getting HOT in here. A third world country? Full of SAVAGES? Too often... We need to control these savages.

I think we are all agreed. Right AO?

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/e ... index.html
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note.

AGMT has actually FALLEN the last 20 years... At worst it has not risen. The climate folks think the trend would have to continue for another 20 years to be significant. I personally remember the notion that global warming would cause the deep ocean currents to change, and plunge the Earth into another ICE AGE!

\Is your environmental cred up to par???

Wise One

Re: Global Warming in America?

Postby Wise One » 2013 Aug 22 22:52

crux wrote:AGMT has actually FALLEN the last 20 years...

"AGMT" ? What are you referring to?

Do you mean some kind of mean temperature?
What is your reference?
  • I hope it's not one of those whack jobs like the Exxon/Koch-funded Heartland Institute, notorious for cherry-picking data for the one deviant in thousand.
  • And for using data from the stratosphere, which is nearly massless and decoupled from the planet, rather than the ocean where almost all global thermal energy resides.
That's what climate change deniers, and trolls, do. They can't help themselves.

Coondog

Postby Coondog » 2013 Aug 23 10:03

On the side note........

TWC story this morning about ice melting at the north pole at an accelerated rate. Already happening. Will (not maybe) affect the jet stream and releases methane into the atmosphere which will potentially raise the temperature of the planet dramatically and quickly.

But....what do they know? They're only scientists!

On the main point:

We have always been a nation of savages. This is not only evident by the story of Shorty's tragic and senseless murder, but even more so by the comments on the report by morons who blame it on Obama in particular and liberals in general.

We don't know if Shorty's murder was a hate crime. The motive, if there is one, has not been established as the perps have not been caught yet.

The three toadies who shot the Australian for no good reason, by their own admission, participated in a hate crime and should be subject to dissolution in a vat of acid.

But, the collective hate of the president of the united states as evidenced by the comments of countless individual morons in response is patently evident....and it is undeniably racial.

If shameless racial hatred of blacks by rednecks in this country is so visibly rampant, is there any wonder that shameless hatered for whitey is also spawned in the hearts of blacks? Shouldn't we be past all this by now? Who could possibly be responsible for all this hate?

Maybe people who have a knee jerk reaction and think the story of Shorty has some larger meaning.

Maybe climate change will solve the problem permanently.

Coondog :curse:

Bloody weather!

Crux

I will not argue religion with you AO so forget it.

Postby Crux » 2013 Aug 23 17:40

Just because I care about the visitors...

Three very recent articles in Forbes for the open minded:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrar ... g-is-here/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2 ... -nonsense/ This by a Meteorologist...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2 ... peratures/

Global Warming really is fine by me. It is natural and I like natural! Warming, cooling, volcanoes, sunspots...It's all good.

-c-